Walking is important for seniors when it comes to their health. It is a safe and comfortable activity to do. It improves your health and is good for your fitness. The benefits that you get are many.
I know that walking and fitness go hand in hand. It is suitable for all the members of the 50 plus generation to do.
I’ve listed some ways that you can walk for fitness and exercise:
- Wear a good pair of walking shoes. You can read any walking shoe review to get some more knowledge about walking shoes.
- Wear comfortable walking clothing.
- Plan your walking route before you start your journey.
That seems pretty straightforward, but you can’t imagine all the people who don’t even think about the right clothes. Walking and fitness are enjoyable exercise activities for you, but you need sturdy shoes to wear. They are a must for you to walk correctly. If the weather is warm outside when you are walking, you should dress in light clothing, like a light cotton shirt or pants.
I’ve mentioned some of the areas for you to protect, and they are:
- Dermatologists say that you should wear sunblock about # 30 or higher to get the most skin protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Wear a cap and sunglasses that will protect your head and eyes from the sun’s rays.
- When the sun goes down at night and dark, you should wear bright and reflective clothes. This way, any car or van driver will see you when their headlights shine on your reflective clothing.
- You should not do too much night strolling in the street. You should do most of your walking on the sidewalk at night. If there are no sidewalks, walk near the edge of the road.
If you walk in the street at night, you should wear a reflective armband or some other reflective device. The essential item for you to have is to get yourself the best, sturdy walking shoe that is comfortable for you.
It would be best if you had a pair of walking socks; they should have some padding needed for walking. Make sure that they are not too thin. In summary:
A) Dress in layers in the cold weather.
B) Light and loose-fitting clothing in the warm weather and warm clothing when it is cold.
C) When it is too cold for you to go outside, you can walk on a treadmill indoors. A treadmill walking program can be set for any speed that is good for you.
D) Wear a robust and stable pair of walking shoes that will not hurt your feet no matter where you walk.